Winter Wonderland rides all winter long! Come ride in the snow with us!!!
Other specialty rides can be customized to your needs at just about any location call to find out more!
Prices and ride descriptions.
Sunset Trail Ride ~ 45m-1hr $75/person 2014
Watch as the sun creeps down along the tree line atop Leach Hill, lighting up Mt. Washington and the Presidential Range on a clear day. Stop for some expert shots of you and your family along the trail. Chance to trot a little for riders showing a clear ability to handle their horse and one chance to canter for experienced groups at no extra charge.
Beginner Trail Ride Walk only ~ 45m-1hr $50/person 2014
Beautiful views of the hills and white mountains, Mt. Washington on a clear day. Ride through pastures, woods and fields. Fox, deer, turkey are common sights
Intermediate Ride ~ 45m-1hr ~ $75/person 2014
Rent a horse and enjoy a ride that includes trotting and/or cantering through hay fields and wooded pastures, nice views of Maine Mountains and wildlife.
One and a Half Hour Intermediate Ride ~ $100 per person 2014
A more challenging guided ride along sandy logging roads, a stream and hills. Walk, trot and canter aslong as everyone in the group is capable of handling their individual horse. Length of ride may vary depending on how much cantering we do.
Private Rides and Specialty Rides ~ Minimum two people
Longer rides up to five hours, regular rides guaranteed private, special services such as photos, meals, and riding at your location are all possible, call us for details. Prices vary, private rides for larger groups and longer rides are discounted depending on the details. Ride to Quaker Ridge with its 360 degree view, explore Jugtown Forest and its wildlife and sandy trails for lots of cantering. We can ride on your property, Acadia National Park, beaches when they are open and more. Bring us your ideas!
Begins May 2015 Beginner ride to Pears Ice Cream ~ $65 per person
One hour of guided trail riding fun in the woods and along a gravel road with a tie up at an old fashioned hitching post while you enjoy an ice cream cone at Pear’s. Memorial Day to Labor Day only.
Riding Level Definitions
Horse Rental Stable experience definitions
Beginner:(definition) does not ride regularly or at all. Cannot canter or trot for more than one minute at a time, has never cantered outside a lesson, has not ridden at least 40 times and been mounted on less than five horses. Suggested rides: Pear’s Ride (Memorial Day to Labor Day only), 1 hour beginner trail ride, Longer rides walk or walk/trot only.
Intermediate: (definition) has ridden regularly in the last five years (more than 40 times per year), has ridden regularly within the last year, walks, trots and canters comfortably, has ridden more than five different horses. Suggested rides: Nun’s Farm Loop, Yahoo Corner, Juggtown Run
Advanced (definition) rides regularly walk, trot, canter, rides both english and western, competes, rides more than one horse on a regular basis, can ride with seat and legs. Suggested Rides: All Intermediate Rides above, Gullywhunkel Whipper and Bolster’ Mills
Please read before reserving
Please remember, we take cash only the day of the ride, credit cards can only be used to prepay up to 24 hours in advance of a ride. A restroom is available but PLEASE arrive a few minutes early if you think anyone in your party will need to use it. Riders MUST have long pants and a solid shoe to ride. And be sure to arrive 10 minutes early to fill out releases and get fitted for helmets. Thank you!!!
Requirements to Ride CHF Horses
- All riders must be eight years for beginner ride (special considerations for 6 and 7 years old, call for details) no more than two children under the age of 10 per ride due to equipment restrictions. An adult must accompany children under 12. Children must be 13 for intermediate rides or older. Younger children can do intermediate if they are currently riding and taking lessons and have been for at least a year. Trot and canter are at the discretion of the guide.
- All riders are required to wear helmets. (bring your own or use one of ours must be SEI certified for horseback riding, no bike helmets)
- A liability release must be read and signed by all riders or their legal guardians before the ride. (please arrive ten minutes early to read and sign release and be fitted with a helmet) or you can request that we e-mail you copies to be read and signed before arriving.
- All riders must wear long pants and shoes preferably with a heel. No sandals or open-toed shoes.
- All riders must obey and be capable of understanding the guides’ instructions throughout the ride.
- Failure to follow any of these instructions can result in immediate termination of your ride without a refund!!
- Please arrive ten minutes early to sign the liability release and be fitted with a helmet.
Click here to see Jugtown Forest Map! This map is only the core or our trails. If you bring your own horse and ride on your own you can cover trails all the way to Bolster’s Mills, South Casco, and Quaker Ridge!
If you liked your ride please tip your guide!
I thought I would add a section on tipping since so many people ask about it when they come to ride. Please be assured that it is not necessary to tip your guide. Normally tips range from $5 to $20 per couple or family. Any amount of tip is always appreciated if you are happy with the service.
Please remember if anything is not to your satisfaction during the ride, let us know by e-mail or a written letter or bring it to my attention after your ride when I am available. We strive to make your ride pleasant and safe but the guide’s job is very difficult. Remember to always follow the guide’s directions, don’t overstate your ability and recognize when you are having an issue with your horse and ask your guide for help immediately. Following these simple guidelines will assure your ride is enjoyable!
To make a reservation
Call 627-4471 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org In each case please be sure to include the following information: Note: Maximum # of riders per ride is six, please schedule two rides if you have more than six riders
- # of riders
- Weight of riders over 220 (riders 220lbs to 250lbs must have a 30″ inseam, riders 250lbs to 280lbs must have a 34″ inseam due to equipment restrictions. We do not take riders over 280 lbs.)
- Height of riders under 5 feet
- Your name
- 1 or more phone numbers we can reach you at the day and week before the ride
With this information we will schedule your ride, if you leave a message on our answering machine we will return the call with a confirmation of the message. Please call within 24 hours of your ride to confirm your reservation whenever possible, especially if you reserve more than a week in advance.