WE ARE OPEN!
We are also 3.5 hours from Acadia National Park. We are NOT close or in the park!
Currently Available Guided Horseback Rides
Enjoy the Maine wilderness like never before. Rides for first timers to seasoned riders mean everyone can have fun. We can take riders as young as 6. Our weight limit is 260 lbs. Rides available from 1 to 2 hours long. Great scenery in our own woods and fields and take longer trips into the working Jugtown Forest.
This one hour ride is suitable for beginners and is scheduled to end at the time of official sunset. To get the full sunset experience we have to be up on the hill near the end of the ride so please arrive at least 20 minutes early. We must have at least two people on a ride or we reserve the right to reschedule. No refunds unless cancelled as per the cancellation policy.
45 min to 1 hour ~ $65/per person
Appropriate for all level riders from 6 yrs old and up. This ride is offered for individuals or families looking for an opportunity to horseback ride that does not require any previous horseback riding experience. The trail winds through woods and fields pretty much equally with a view of Mt. Washington on a clear day.
These rides are offered twice a year usually in mid November and late March. Each rider can reserve individually for $125. This is a one hour ride on the beach, walking only. We’ll take pictures for you. This ride will only go if at least 8 people have reserved. We reserve the right to move […]
2 Hours ~ weekdays $350/couple
For Riders 12 and up beginners welcome. Ride times vary but will say 8 a.m. when booked. You can request a time in the notes section. We choose a time based on the heat and weather that day. Enjoy the wonderful Jugtown Forest on horseback. This ride is appropriate for beginners and intermediate riders
Private Guided Trail Rides and Specialty Rides ~ Minimum two people
Longer rides up to five hours, regular rides guaranteed private, special services such as photos and meals . Prices vary, private rides for larger groups and longer rides are discounted depending on the details. Ride to Quaker Ridge with its 360 degree view, explore Jugtown Forest and its wildlife and sandy trails. We can ride at Popham beach when they are open to horses October through March.
Please read before reserving
Our new reservation form is easier to use than ever before and we get all the info to help you enjoy your ride! No shows mean that fewer people can ride since most people book within 24 hrs of their ride. So please call at least 24 hrs in advance but preferably 48 hrs in advance if you need to cancel. Refunds are only given on deposits with 48 hours notice or more. Credits are available for reschedules up to 24 hour notice. No refunds after 24 hours. No shows will be charged full price.
A restroom is available for emergency use only please arrive a few minutes early if you think anyone in your party will need to use it. Riders MUST have long pants and a solid shoe to ride. And be sure to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out releases and get fitted for helmets. Thank you!
Requirements to Ride CHF Horses
- Full price customers can bring children 6 yr old and up but no more than two children under 11 and the height of 4.5′ per ride due to equipment restrictions. An adult must accompany children under 12. Children must be 13 for intermediate rides or older. Younger children can do intermediate if they are currently riding and taking lessons and have been for at least a year. Trot and canter are at the discretion of the guide.
- Riders over 220 lbs please use these guidelines, our weight limit for 2 hr rides or longer is 240 and our weight limit for all other rides is 260. No more than 2 people over 240 per reservation.
- All riders on our guided trail rides are required to wear helmets. (bring your own or use one of ours must be SEI certified for horseback riding, no bike helmets)
- A liability release must be read and signed by all riders or their legal guardians before the guided trail ride. (please arrive fifteen minutes early to read and sign release and be fitted with a helmet) or you can request that we e-mail you copies to be read and signed before arriving. All minors not accompanied by a legal guardian must have releases signed and a copy of the signers drivers license must accompany the release.
- All riders must wear long pants and shoes preferably with a heel. No sandals or open-toed shoes.
- All riders must obey and be capable of understanding the guides’ instructions throughout the ride.
- Failure to follow any of these instructions can result in immediate termination of your ride without a refund!!
- Please arrive fifteen minutes early to sign the liability release and be fitted with a helmet.
- A minimum of 24 hours notice must be made in order to reschedule your ride. Please cancel with 24 to 48 hrs notice in order to fit everyone in during busy times. 48 hours for a refund of your deposit
Guided Trail Ride experience definitions
Beginner:(definition) does not ride regularly or at all. Cannot canter or trot for more than one minute at a time, has never cantered outside a lesson, has not ridden at least 40 times and been mounted on less than five horses.
Intermediate: (definition) has ridden regularly in the last five years (more than 40 times per year), has ridden regularly within the last year, walks, trots and canters comfortably, has ridden more than five different horses. Can ride english and western.
Advanced: (definition) rides regularly walk, trot, canter, rides both english and western, competes, rides more than one horse on a regular basis, can ride with seat and legs.
I thought I would add a section on tipping since so many people ask about it when they come to ride. Normally tips range from $5 to $20 per couple or family. Any amount of tip is always appreciated if you are happy with the service.
Please remember if anything is not to your satisfaction during the ride, let us know by e-mail or a written letter or bring it to my attention after your ride when I am available. We strive to make your ride pleasant and safe but the guide’s job is very difficult. Remember to always follow the guide’s directions, let the guide know if you have issues that may effect your ability to follow directions, don’t overstate your ability and recognize when you are having an issue with your horse and ask your guide for help immediately. Following these simple guidelines will assure your guided trail ride is enjoyable!
These rides are not currently available. Read the descriptions for the approximate dates of availability.
To make a reservation
Use the large green button on any available ride.
You will need the following information:
- Date you’d like to ride
- A phone number we can reach you at the day of the ride
- Voucher Numbers from any coupons you would like to use
- Age, height and weight of all riders.
We look forward to seeing you and sharing a great riding experience through the countryside in Maine!