1Hr Beginner Ride
$80 per person
- This trail ride is for all level riders even if you’ve never ridden before. You must be able to mount from a two step mounting block unassisted and be able to physically and mentally follow the directions of the guide. Ages 8 and up.
- On this ride you will see wildlife, fall foliage, winter wonderland and several types of Maine outdoors from old growth, to pine grove, to new growth and a view of the White Mountains and Mt. Washington on a clear day. Wildlife includes, white tail deer, squirrels and chipmunks, wood chucks, several birds of prey, wild turkey and other small wildlife on occasion. We’ve even seen Moose! But not often.
- 45 minute to 1 hr scenic trail ride though woods and fields
2Hr Private Trail Ride
$400 per couple ($150 each additional rider)
- This trail ride is for all level riders even if you’ve never ridden before. There is an opportunity to trot and canter depending on your desire and ability. In the end it is the guide’s discretion how fast or how long you will be able to trot or canter. You must be able to mount from a two step mounting block unassisted and be able to physically and mentally follow the directions of the guide. Ages 12 and up.
- On this ride you will see wildlife, fall foliage, a small river with waterfalls and you will travel on wide and narrow trails, steep hills and some water crossings. Wildlife includes, white tail deer, squirrels and chipmunks, wood chucks, fox, several birds of prey, wild turkey and other small wildlife on occasion. We’ve even seen Moose! But not often.
- A two hour ride with varying terrain and trail types with an opportunity to trot and canter if appropriate.
Call to book after November 15 through April 15th. Trails are often closed in the winter months but we can go if the trail conditions are safe.
All Riders must be 8 years or older. 6 and 7 yr olds can be considered if they have some riding experience and the trail conditions are perfect, on one hour rides only.
Our registration form asks if you are over 220 lbs. We ask that you inform us of your weight if you are between 220 and 260 lbs. 240 lbs is the limit for our 2 hour or longer rides. 260 is our overall limit. At times we can take a single person up to 280 if they are athletic and/or have riding experience.
Regardless of weight, to ride you must be able to mount from a two step mounting block unassisted and dismount unassisted after sitting in the saddle for an hour or more. This can be difficult for heavier, older or unhealthy riders. Please make sure you are able to do this.
You must be able to understand, hear and follow all directions throughout the ride. For everyone’s safety we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is unwilling or unable to follow directions during the preparation or any time throughout the ride. High anxiety, a fear of heights and certain physical and mental health issues may make it difficult for the guide to teach and maintain the safety of everyone on the ride.
Riding Level Description
(For two hour and intermediate rides only)
If you are asked to determine a riding level we use this gauge to determine the level that we may ride at under perfect circumstances which may include but are not limited to, horse and rider compatibility, trail conditions and weather.
1 Someone who has never ridden or has ridden on a few times in their life. This may also apply to more experienced riders that have only ridden under certain “contained” or “comfortable” riding conditions and experience anxiety. Walk with a possible short set of trotting based on the guide’s discretion and all riders agreement to trot.
2 Someone who maybe has ridden extensively in the past, owned their own horse at some point in their life and has a courageous, athletic or adventurous attitude toward physical outdoor activities in general. Walk with a possible short set of trotting based on the guide’s discretion and all riders agreement to trot.
3 Someone who thinks they have a certain level of experience but prefers cantering over trotting, has only ridden 10 or fewer horses in their lifetime, only rides in one discipline and does not currently ride a lot. Walk with a possible short set of trotting based on the guide’s discretion and all riders agreement to trot. Possibility of one short canter.
4 Someone who has ridden many horses in many different venues, understands different disciplines and has ridden a few. Someone who understands the limits of horses used in this type of service and will enjoy the ride no matter what level we ride at. Someone who has handled emergencies on horseback and has ridden in open areas in group settings before. Walk/trot and canter based on the limitations stated above.
5 Someone who feels they have lots of experience and should be able to ride at any level they want on anyone’s land, on anyone’s horses, and does not feel they need to regard other riders’ safety or horse behavior or health. Walk only
People often ask about how much to tip. Tips are not required but are customary in the industry as a whole. Common tips run from the change in someone’s cup holder to $100. $5 for a couple on a one hour group ride is ok. Common is $10 to $20. A family of four to six $20 to $40. Private rides and two hour rides $20 to $50 depending on service and size of group. We appreciate any type of appreciation for our services.
Best Reservation Practices
Reserving is pretty safe. We offer a full refund of the deposit which is typically $20 per person except for specialty rides like beach rides, etc. as long as you give at least 72 hrs notice of cancellation. This gives you time to make sure the weather looks good for your chosen day.
If you are visiting the area and only have a few days to schedule things, its best to choose an early day in your visit so you have some time to reschedule if the weather looks bad. If you are reserving for a group, please ask for children’s ages, weights if anyone is over 220 lbs and height if anyone is under 5 ft tall. These are important for us to choose the correct horses and equipment for each rider.
If you live in the area and have lots of time to do this we are happy to reschedule for any reason as many times as needed as long as we have at least 12 hrs notice.
72 hrs notice, full refund of the deposit or reschedule, 48 hrs or less the deposit can be credited toward a reschedule at a future date, 12 hrs or less we reserve the right to no refund of the deposit, less than 3 hrs notice we will charge the full price depending on the circumstances.